Tuesday, March 20, 2012


I promise that this is art related haha. 

My interest in comic books and superheroes in general started when I was about 3 years old, oddly enough, circa 1997. My fascination with superheroes truly sparked because of my cousin, who would always watch Operation: Zero Tolerance at our house, which was a crossover story line that ran through Marvel Comics’ X-Men related titles. As the years went on, my interest in Marvel & DC comics continued. I would always watch superhero related TV shows such as The Avengers: United They Stand, X-Men: Evolution, Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes, & Wolverine and the X-Men. To say the very least, I liked them a lot.  

Anyway, as I grew older I began to appreciate how well written the stories were, and how great the character development was, even though it wasn’t until we were almost in high school when I actually picked up a comic book and read it. I was shocked at how well written some of the stories were, and how excellent the character development was. This mix of bright, sharp, colorful images and well put together dialect was very appealing to me. It was mainly the artwork, though. The style and how it is organized it is to give you that suspensive story feeling. Below are a few examples of some of the first X-Men art references. I just love how vivid and defined everything is. The colors are so crisp and perfect. These are excellent examples of how to make cartoon-like drawings into something fantastic.






This blog was kind of spontaneous and really has nothing to do with my concentration whatsoever.
Aa;ldsfj'alsdfasfjasdf. I'm running out of ideas.

This concentration and I are pretty much killing each other. It would be pretty dandy if you could just be like, "Hello ideas, go into my brain please. And when you get there, magically appear in front of me in the form of art." 

And then there's the problem where the ideas that I do have are really complex and I wouldn't have enough time to finish them even if I tried. 

Nevertheless, I still managed to find some art that's nice in a sort of weird way. I kind of like it.
The whole adding a link thing is being uncooperative, but here:

http://kylehughesodgers.com/artwork


No comments:

Post a Comment